Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Forcing "HTTP 1.1 through proxy" setting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GlobalBrain

Technical User
Mar 5, 2003
GB
Hello.
I’ve got Novell 6.5+ ZENworks for Desktops 4. I’ve got “roaming user profiles” in place. My users need to access secure site on the Internet, so “HTTP 1.1 through proxy” have to be turned on in the Internet Explorer settings (Tools-Internet Options-Advansed). By default it’s off and I’m not sure if it possible to change it in Policies (I cannot find it there). I have allowed users to change it themselves but it’s not keeping the settings for the next time they login (well… some do and some don’t), but for some it's not letting them on to the site at all. Can I force this setting somehow, that it will be written into user's profile? Or is there any other way to do it? Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

go to cool solutions, or search on MS, you will need to add an ADM file to your workstation policy for IE.

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+
Brent Schmidt Certified nut case [hippy]
Senior Network Engineer
Keep IT Simple

Thank you. One thing that I don’t understand is when you select the option where you can edit ADMs (in ZENWorks user profiles) the note at the bottom says that these settings will only work with NT not XP or 2000. Should I try it anyway?
Regards.
Sergei.

You need to be working with Group Policies, not Extencible Policies

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+
Brent Schmidt Certified nut case [hippy]
Senior Network Engineer
Keep IT Simple

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back