Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Forcing Page Breaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbaddar

Programmer
May 10, 2001
US
Hi,

Does anyone know if you can force page breaks within a header section of a report? I have one header section where I would like to force a couple of page breaks. Is this possible?

Thanks,
MB

I don't know about a couple of breaks, but you can force a page break in any section by selecting the header (or footer) and looking up the Force Page Break Property. From here you can choose to force the page break before or after the section.
Hope this helps,
Mike

Hi,

Thanks. I know what you're saying. Unfortunately, I need to force more than one page break within a section. Any ideas?

Thanks,
MB

I found a way to force as many as you need to, it's a little weird, but it works without code. I'm sure there's a better way to do it in code, but I don't know it.

Insert a page break symbol using the access toolbar (little blue arrow between boxes with lines icon) in the section of the report you want the page break, I did it in the footer to place pages after each group. Now after the page break symbol comes into place (it's six dots, "......") size the section by dragging it down what would be a full page (don't include the margins when dragging) and place another page break, repeat this process for the number of pages you would like. Joe Miller
joe.miller@flotech.net

Hi,

Thanks a lot! That seems to be working.

MB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back