Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Forcing ODS connection from Insight for a local bqy file

Status
Not open for further replies.

lennondad

Programmer
Mar 24, 2003
GB
Hi,

I have a series of Brio documents which are contain a 'Build Query' EIS screen used for generating queries by users of my system. The users need to be able to save these files locally, saving any limits, formatting charts etc that they may have created. They also need to be able to re-process these from the saved state, i.e. to get the current months sales figures.

I need to allow users to reconnect and capture the details of the user which reconnected (ODSUsername always contains the user_id of the user who accessed the bqy through the ODS). Does anyone know a way to do this?

Many thanks in advance!

lennondad

Assuming you have the user opening an ODS document that was saved to their local PC,

You might want to try

ExecuteBScript("process section root. 'Query'")

where 'Query' is the name of the query section you want to process. This will invoke an ODS sign on and have the ODS user name.

Hope this helps

Wayne Van Sluys
KeyPulse, Inc.
wvansluys@keypulse.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back