Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

forcing details section to print in specific order, not alphabetical

Status
Not open for further replies.

andreadd

MIS
Jan 15, 2008
I am still working on that time sheet report. I have resolved my first issue and am using subreports. my current problem is that I have 4 formulas in my details section for each given day to display the following:

start time
end time
meal start
meal end

formulas look like this:
if {PS_PKT_NCCTCIL_VW.PKT_CHECKIN_CODE} = 1
then "START TIME:" & {PS_PKT_NCCTCIL_VW.PKT_TIME}

end time is 2, meal start is 3 and meal end is 4

so i put these formulas in my details section and run the report. the data shows up just fine but instead of it saying

start time
meal start
meal end
end time

it says

end time
meal end
meal start
start time

i then tried making a formula looked like this:

totext(({@starttime}) + chr(13) +
({@REG_mealstart}) + chr(13) +
({@REG_mealend}) + chr(13) +
({@REG_endtime}))

and i got the same results. I've looked around and am not coming across anything. Does anyone know what I can do to make the formulas print in the order I gave them?

TIA for your help

Not sure if this is an option for you, but the easiest way would be to change the word 'start' to 'begin'. Then they would fall out properly without making any other changes:

Begin Time
End Time
Meal Begin
Meal End

i asked and got giggled at.

what i ended up doing is taking the contents of all 4 formulas and putting them into 1 formula and then making a group off of that and choosing specified order. i suppressed the group header and left the details section active. i coulda picked the group header and left the details supressed - i may choose to go there later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back