Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

forced Win2k Logins with Novell on MetaFrame XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

chkidd

IS-IT--Management
Aug 14, 2001
US
We are running MetaFrame XP on Win2k SP1, and Novell Client 4.83
When the users dial-in currently it works correctly, but we are having a problem with the modems, so we upgraded to Win2k SP2 this fixed the modem problem, but in turn it gave a new error. It now forces the dial-in user to login twice, once to Win2k and once to Novell, whereas before we did not have to do this, we are running the citrix client 6.30.1050 for the dial-in users. Anyone else have this problem? and or have fix for it? We have even gone so far as to contact Citrix but with no luck.

Thanks,
chris

I have the same issue, but it is when they are connnecting over the WAN only. Please keep me posted. thanks

I have the same issue when my user connect over the wan and have not been successful in resolution either...
Kimmer1

This may sound stupid, but have you guys tried to remove and reinstall the Novell Client?

Also, unless you are using specific Novell Client features, you could also try using the MS Novell Client. That's what I'm using, so far so good. Only prompted for password once, unless of course the Novell password is different.

yes we have uninstalled and re-installed the client, we have tried backing down the client from 4.83 to 4.81, and 4.71 with no luck,

From TID10064919

Hope this helps
Rob

You must perform the steps below before installing the Novell Client on a Citrix server:

NOTE: The following process should only be performed after MetaFrame XP has been installed. If these steps are being performed before MetaFrame XP is installed, please refer to Page 32 of the MetaFrame XP 1.0 Administrators Guide for more information.

Open regedt32.
Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon.
Double-click the value ginadll.
Change the value from ctxgina.dll to msgina.dll.
Install the Novell Client.
NOTE: Do not reboot the server!

Return to the registry.
Change the ginadll value from nwgina.dll to ctxgina.dll.
With the winlogon key selected, go to the menu and select add value. The value name is ctxginadll.
The type is reg_sz and the string is nwgina.dll (changes are not case-sensitive).
Reboot the server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back