Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Forced to End Task on VirusScan when exciting or logging off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 31, 2001
US
VirusScan is stalling when logging off, only way to get rid of it is to End Task. This only happens when users are logging off. I am using version 4.5.1 Does anyone have any suggestions besides re-installing? I have already done that.

What OS are you running it on? What types of programs do you run on the system? Can you provide more specific information?

I have the same issue
When I try to loggin off the next message appears:
VShieldWin_Class error, can´t end task

SO: NT 4.0 Sp5
Mcaffe 450 engine 4140 dat 4163
or
451 dat 4163

If I end mcshield service the machine log off correctly

Same problem here with the Compaq E500 900Mhz with 256MB memory, I think it might have something to do with the processor speed as I have completed several loads on various laptops, all using the same software. Laptops which do not have this problem: IBM Thinkpad 570E, NEC LX, Dell Latitude CPiA366.

Virus Scan Version 4.51 with engine 4.1.50 & DAT 4171

Uninstalling the product and re-installing has no effect to the outcome.

Can anyone confirm that the processor speed may be the culprit?

No, the problem is not the processor speed.
We have several nt4srv installaed with netshield 4.5 SP1 and we have no problem until we apply a dat or sdat (engine 4150, dat 4165, ?). After this upgrade often netshield won't close we the interctive user logoff.

Removing and reinstalling the sw (and manually clean directories and registry) nothing change.

Currently we run engine 4150 and dat 4170

fabio

I have the same problem.

IBM 600E laptop,
NT 4.0 SP6a, Mcafee 4.5.1 SP1, engine 4.160, DAT 4173

I reinstalled the sw twice and same problem when logging off, vshieldwin_class error.

Also, when logging on I have a delay as well with an error that it cannot find c:\temp\wzseo.tmp\setup.exe, I just click ok, it seems like a benign error, but annoying.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Well, I think I figured it out.

In the vshield configuration, I "unchecked" the " "scan floppies on shudown" option.

This seemed to do the trick on the shutdown problem. Maybe because my laptop has one of those option bays which you can either put in a floppy or a cd-rom, I usually keep the cd-rom in it, so may be it was hanging looking to scn a floppy on shutdown; seems like they would not have a basic problem like this, but it seems to work now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back