Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Force plan text

Status
Not open for further replies.

goal

MIS
Apr 26, 2001
GB
I'm sick of outlook and its insistance to use HTML at every opportunity (despite having set the mail format preferences to otherwise).

How can I force outlook to either:

- automatically reply in plain text format, even if the sender used HTML (without selecting format>plain text manually).

or..

- display everything that arrives in plain text and banish HTML entirely.

All feedback appreciated, thanks.

Andy

In outlook express goto

Tools > options > Send > adjust your mail sending format.

In Outlook 2002

Tools > options > Mail format

~Shmoes

I lay claim to nothing and everything. My words may be wisdom or disaster. In the end you make a choice. Noone is perfect.

Thanks for the reply, but..

As far as I see, this only gives me options to specify what format I compose new messages in, which I already have set, and not either of the things I want to do.

Andy

In outlook Express, uncheck reply to message in format they were sent

outlook 2002

hmm don't see anything in 2002

~Shmoes

I lay claim to nothing and everything. My words may be wisdom or disaster. In the end you make a choice. Noone is perfect.

That was my worry :( so nice of MS to remove it from the 'more functional' of the two Outlooks

AS far as I can tell, you can only force Plain text responses in Outlook 2000 on a message by message basis.

When composing the response, pick Format - Plain Text.

You will get a helpful warning telling you that you will lose formatting and pictures, then you can proceed, and it will reformat the received HTML message as plain text.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back