Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Force Outgoing Caller ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

cupra20v

Technical User
Dec 13, 2005
GB
Hi

Im looking to create a shortcode for one of our extensions to force a different outgoing Caller ID to its DDI number.

I created a user short code of

?
Dial
.sxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (xxxx being the number)

But i still get the DDI number being presented, the number im trying to present is our main number and hence available.

Any help appreciated

TIA

Match the amount of digits BT/Your line provider are sending to you.

Also ensure you do not have this modified any where else like ARS/User Shortcodes.

ACA - IP Office Implement
ACA - IP Telephony
ACS - IP Office Implement
CCNA - Working towards.

Run an isdn trace using system monitor and have a look what you are sending.

It may be that the network is only set to ever present the main number no matter what you send to it.

If system monitor says you are sending the right digits then you are sending the right then BT must be normalising it at network level.

ACE - Avaya Certified Expert
ACI - Avaya Certified Instructor

Hi

TheProvider :I assumed that this would have to be a user shortcode, as i only want it to apply to certain extensions, rather than a system wide.

Puregold :Could you clarify what i need to check for and tick as an option in the monitor to check for digits being sent, although their previous system was able to do this so i guess it shouldnt be a line provider issue ?

Presumably the acutal shortcode is correct ?

TIA

Just open the monitor and run a trace, make a call from the phone in question and post up the results. This will tell you what the system is sending your line provider.

ACA - IP Telephony
CCNA - Working towards.

Cupra, as stated above by TheProvider I think you need to send the same number of digits you receive i.e 6 for BT so drop the area code. I had this same issue and that is what I did to fix it, it seems some exchanges work slightly differently to others as we send the full number on quite a few sites!!

Im not sure quite which parts of the monitor trace to show, but ive attached a little below of a call i made out, does this show whats needed or you need more ?

CALL:2008/01/0217:05,00:00:00,010,612,O,01554772149,901554772149,Sales,,,0,,""n/a,0
437412923mS CD: CALL: 0.3149.0 State=1 Cut=2 Music=0.0 Aend="Sales(612)" (8.14) Bend="Line 5" [Line 5] (2.2) CalledNum=01554772149 () CallingNum=612 (Sales) Internal=0 Time=19972 AState=0

I have also tried it with the STD and without, and the release is 4.0.10 on a IP500, DS5410 handsets

TIA

Did you create an ARS table for that user??

You need to turn on ISDN events and packets layers 1,2,3 and show the ISDN information

BT are complete B**g*rs when it comes to outgoing CLID. Some systems need the whole number, some need the same number of digits as the DNIS

You may find that whatever you set (except witheld) BT will stubbornly show the main billing number. In this case the only thing you can do is rant at BT until they get the message...

Take Care

Matt
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

No, the only thing i have under ARS is the default 50:Main, with no changes made, however after some further testing remotely tonight, the problem seems to exisit when using 9 to dial outside line.

I have a system shortcode of

9N
Dial
N

for some reason this particular phone im testing on seems to be able to dial out without using a 9 as well, now when it uses a 9 it seems to ignore the user shortcode of changing the CLI, if i dial without the 9 then it does use the user shortcode and sends the CLI i want it too !

Other phone i tried earlier wouldnt dial out with using prefix of 9, the only user shortcode for this particular extension is the one listed above for changing the presented CLI.

Matt

Thing is that it shows the DDI number, when all i want is for this extension to show the billing number unfortunately and on the previous telephone system it worked fine in presenting diff CLI to DDI.

As per my post above could be the prob lies somewhere in the shortcodes ?

Make sure your provider support sending a different CLI.
Here in the Netherlands by default some providers turn it off.

Or try to put your Coutry code in front like

9N
Dial
Ns31xxxxxxx(xxxx being the number)

Ah, was looking at the 9 bit a while ago.

9N
Dial
Nsxxxxxxxxxxx(xxxx is the number)

You may wish to try this as Nsxxxxxx too, so you match you recieved digits.

ACA - IP Telephony
CCNA - Working towards.

Hi guys

Thanks for all the replies, as i only want to force diff CLI on a per user basis, wont using 9N conflict with the system shortcode of 9N which is a straight forward dial 9 for outside line ?

I think the other thing im slighlty confused about is how come this phone is able to dial out without using 9 as well?

TIA

9N
Dial
N

Will remain as your system shortcode. For you users you wish to send the different CLI use my.

9N
Dial
Nsxxxxxxxxxxx(xxxx is the number)

The user consults "user shortcodes" first for a match, then goes to the "system shortcodes"
9 will still give the user the right to dial out via 9, just modifying its outbound presenting number.

ACA - IP Telephony
CCNA - Working towards.

Provider thanks quick test over remote that seems to work a treat, ill try it first hand tomorrow when im on site.

One quick question if i can save opening a new thread, is it possible to turn off the button tones, on 5410 and 5610 phones ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back