Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

force log-off/on script

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 18, 2008
US
hey guys,
I have a question. I've setting up Kiosk system and we managed to set these system up to auto logon and lock all windows functions and load a IE browser with a certain customer comment page.

Now I'm looking ofr a script that will force log-off and force log-on after a period of lets say 5-8 minutes of idle.

OR a script that will force to cloth IExplorer and reopen IExplorer after a period of lets say 5-8 minutes of idle.

I never dealed with VB script or so. so can someone point me to a direction or maybe have a download for this? I was thinking a regular startup scrpt which i can copy in the startup folder.

It's XP/SP2; workgroup; ... thanks if anyone can help ;)

If I remember....a scheduled task can be setup so that it will only run if the user has been idle...that might work for you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
dm4ever
My philosophy: K.I.S.S - Keep It Simple Stupid

Something like this?

Code:
Option Explicit
Dim oShell
Set oShell = CreateObject("Wscript.Shell")

oShell.Run "%comspec% /K shutdown.exe -r -f", 0, True

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back