Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Force Last Rerouting Number to Voicemail

Status
Not open for further replies.

GZgidnick

Technical User
Jan 8, 2015
AU
Hi Gents,

Fresh new. My first question.

I am applying called party number digit manipulation on a SIP DID. I strip all 10 digits and insert 200.
I have Ring Group; 200
The Ring Group has an overflow destination configured; 900
This overflow destination is Phantom Number with Forwarding Always to VM Pilot Number (Call rerouting will not be honoroed by the systime according to the documentation
On the NuPoint i have a voicemail setup for 900.

Now, my issue is that when call is forwarded to voicemail, it is invoking mailbox 200 and not 900.
I assumed that the there must be setting for CoS used for the Ring Group or even possibly the Phantom number. I tried switching on and off, and combining most of the Call Forwarding/Rerouting COS parameters and could not make it work.

I am coming from Siemens HiPath4000 world, and there to achieve this very same thing we used to adjust the protocol it self.
Reference: The AMO PRODE can be used to copy, change, display and regenerate tables for the protocol handler.

Any input appreciated!

This is the nature of 3300.
Voicemail integrates to the number dialed not the number that forwarded to VM.
Is there a mailbox 200 on NuPoint? If not add 200 as an alternate extension for mailbox 900.

You can break the voicemail integration by using 'Name Tag' Hunt groups.
There is a FAQ on this.

Thanks sarond. Good to know and waste my time no more.
I looked at the 'Name Tag' Hunt just before I wrote this post, however that was not hat I was after.

It works perfectly fine with 200 mailbox.
I wanted to make it work with the last redirected number as I was planning on using this last redirected number for few other Ring Groups.
Just wanted to keep things nice and tidy.

With the Nupoint you can easily associate up to 5 extensions with any 1 mailbox

Open the advanced options on the mailbox and add 200 as an alternate extension.

Nametags do not work with Nupoint.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Hi GZgidnick

Try this and see if it works - otherwise it's best and easier to add another vmail box to extension 200 on the Nupoint and program MWI.

What I would have done is to use a HG rather than a RG.
So, HG - 200, add a phantom number as a member, add this phantom number as Always Alt in Call reroute for this HG 200. Program this phantom numbers as multicall key on the actual extensions or create a RG and place all the members here. Call reroute Always the phnatom number to this RG (same thing - if you do not want to waste keys)

Create Name tag HG *900 and Call forward it always to Voicemail.
Add a vmail box 900.

In the 1st alt reroute for HG 200 point it to send the calls to HG *900.

Cheers

I've done this in a very clean and simple way
1. Phantom (trusted) extension (CFA to RG)
2. RG with overflow destination to VM.
Just two dialplan steps.

@ warlockcode. repeating my statement that Nametag Hunt groups do not work with Nupoint. The devil is in the details.

@kwbMitel: you may want to add that statement to the top of the FAQ, otherwise you'll be posting it every time someone tries nametags with nupoint! RG with overflow to VM works like a charm...

@cinter - The title of the FAQ specifies Embedded Mail

faq1329-7197

The NAME TAGGED HUNT GROUP will work as long as the call doesn't have to traverse an IP or XNET network. The tag is honored on MSDN networks.

NO GOOD DEED GOES UNPUNISHED!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back