Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Force Initial Version on Cajun P333T HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

grazman

IS-IT--Management
Jun 25, 2002
US
I have a Cajun P333T and do not have the password. I have the password recovery procedure which works to give a CLI but does not reset the password. This switch is a v1.x firmware.

• Connect a console cable from your terminal to the P330 switch.
• Use username “root” for login and “ggdaseuaimhrke” as password. This will cause the device to enter the super user mode.
• Use “set username” command to change the password for user “root”, according to this syntax: username root password new_root_password access-type admin.
• Logout from the switch by typing “exit”.
• Use the new password to login as root.

Seems the syntax above is for a later firmware version.

I've tried the FIV (Force Initial Version) but cannot seem to get it to boot from Bank A, it always boots from Bank B.

Anyone have any ideas?

OK. Figured this out. Used the password hack and got to a console. Input the letter 's' to get to the top level console. Then typed

super
super

I then upgraded the code to v 2.x then to 3.x, which let me use

root
root

Now I have it upgraded to v 3.9.x with the rest of my gear. Hope this helps anyone else who might have the same problem. Figuring out the 's' was a stroke of luck, just going through the different characters to see if I could get anywhere.

Anyone have the wiremap for a Cajun console cable?
I have a cajun and no console cable. I'm trying to connect it's console to a cisco as2511-rj.

Use a console cable with following minimum pinout (the flat gray one with the RJ45- D9 type converter currently shipping with new P33xx
switches will suffice): DB9 Console Port
1 ----------- 6
2 ----------- 3
3 ----------- 2
4 ----------- 4
5 ----------- 5
7 ----------- 8
8 ----------- 7

Hi,

I have tried to login using root and ggdaseuaimhrke as password. It doesn't work on my Avayta Cajun P333T switch. I have software 3.3.14 installed, does any one knows why it doesn't work on my switch???

Thanks,
brat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back