Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Force data dump to geo-redundant CS1K 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

chippowell

Technical User
Jul 13, 2006
US
I feel dumb. I swear I’ve been buildling IP sets for quite some time with my new CS1K setup, but this is bugging me now. Here’s the question:

In building a new IP set (1140E), Server 1 is the geo-redundant (GR) site, and Server 2 is the main site. All sets are built in main CS1K through CLI. So I'm building an IP set, then doing a data dump in LD 43 (or two, or three), but the new TN still isn't copied to the GR site until midnight routines. Therefore, the IP set doesn't see its TN in the GR site, and I get "Invalid TN/Reason: Unequipped" message on phone set. When I log directly into the GR CS1K, I don't see phoneset. After DROL's tomorrow, I will though. QUESTION: how do I force the TN built in the main CS1K to the GR CS1K for immediate use of phone?

Thanks as always!

An EDD doesn't do a backup to the Geo site unless you tell it to. It sends the TAR file to the Geo Site based on the backup rule and a predetermined time.. You can tell it to do it after an EDD though. Or you can just tell it to run the backup rule.

The command in ld 43 is BKR xx where xx is your backup rule

Also a sysload has to be done on the Geo site for Data Endorsement, until the sysload is done it wont be there.

Sysload, as in INI? Dang, I can't do that during business hours. Forgive my ignorance, is that what's happening during my midnights?

No, sysload as in sysload, reboot. It has to sysload the inactive Call Server to update the new database. Keep in mind, in a Geo Redundant environment the Geo site never goes active unless there is a problem with the main site. So yes, your alternate Call Servers have to do a sysload to update their database. It doesn't hurt anything since it is not the active call server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back