Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Force Call to Agent

Status
Not open for further replies.

hsantos

Technical User
Feb 4, 2004
CA
Is it possible to force a call to an agent phone
even if the agent is already on a skillset call (KEY0)
with a customer??

So is there a long answer? Something that could bypass or do something like this?

NO - Nortel architecture only permits an agent to have one skillset call on their incalls (key 0) key appearance.

Long answer -- the ACD concept is all about focus and customer service -- for this reason, many call centers do not allow agents to have any DN keys on their ACD sets (I'm not just speaking about Nortel here). So - no.

You can of course allow a DN call to ring on the agents DN key even if the agent talks with a customer on key 0 - this is an unusual request, so lets see if I remember the programming of the phone:
LHK should be set, so the DN can be found by an incoming call. If DN on key 3 then LHK 3.
RNG_MODE should be RNG 2. Line 2 (the DN) will then ring even if line 1 (Key 0) is busy.

As I set - not something I personally would recommend.

I understand the concern. But customer is requesting this.
They dont want to put emergency call even with priority 1 skillset waiting on a queue.

Right now Im trying to set the following:

KEY 0 ACD
KEY 1 SCR (personnal key)
KEY 2 MCR (Emergency key assigned to all agents) (max 30)

So if I get an emergency call, I first try to send the call with the skillset... if no agent available... I route call to the MCN key.

I also trying AST 00 02, so I can detect the ringing on KEY 2 and generate a popup on agent screen with a 3rd party application.

All im afraid it to reach some limitations...

Im trying to set this in lab first

You could overflow the call based on certain criteria to that MCR emergency line. If the MCR line were not answered you could have the HUNT FDN of the MCR towards another CDN in symposium which would requeue to a different skillset just in case...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back