Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Force Access to print in the bottom Margin

Status
Not open for further replies.

camidon

Programmer
May 9, 2000
US
I have a report that has to print 3 records to a page in order to support a pre-printed form. In order to print the last record on the page, I need to be able to print in the margin. Does anyone have any idea as to how to force Access to print in the margin so that my pre-printed forms will print correctly?? As it is now, the smallest I can make the bottom margin is .46 or something like that and I need it to be like .10 or something. I have already checked and I know my printer will support it.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

hmm, not too sure if this will work, but instead of setting margins, manually draw your report to be exactly the same size as the paper, and then draw the controls on your report to be exactly where you want them...

How can you do that and have it display a different record in each control? Will that really work?

Is your printer set as your default printer? What kind of printer do you have that supports a bottom margin or .1? I am not aware of any inkjet that will do this however most laser printers should get close. Access will generally not allow you to print in the unprintable margins on your page.

Duane
MS Access MVP
Find out how to get great answers faq219-2884.

you would have to draw space for each control seperately, or use subReports inside the box, either way, it's not pretty...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back