Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Force a Page Break?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustineB

Programmer
Mar 30, 2001
GB
Please can someone explain how I force a page break. In Crystal Reports you simply go to format Section, New page after.
I am really struggling!
Many thanks.
Justine

You can double click between the sections that you want to break on and click "Start on new page" and click on "Avoid Page Break in Block"

Hi bmacman!
Thanks so much for your reply. I am half way to achieving what I need to do! I need to conditionally suppress a whole section of the report. I have a cover sheet showing information like User Name, Time, Date etc on, which is printed out according to whether the user choses to at a Prompt. I have managed to suppress all the objects, but the report prints a blank page before the main details. I really would like to say:
If @Prompt = "N" then suppress else Don't suppress. In Crystal you can conditionally suppress each part of a report in thsi way, but I cannot seem to find a work-around in Business Objects.
Any help will be very gratefully received.
Justine

Again, double click between the sections and check "Hide Section Header" then enter the required formula for when you want to suppress the results.

John, Thanks for the reply!
I got around this problem by creating a section based on the Prompt. This way, if the prompt is "Y" then the cover sheet is shown, if "N" then it is hidden. It is not ideal, but will do!
The problem that I was facing was that with Crystal and Cognos, there are 2 default headers: Report header (just shown at beginning of report) and Page header (on each page). I really needed the equivalent of the Report header, but it just doesn't exist!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back