Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

For our New Members

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trevoke - I think I'm going to hold off making any updates to the FAQ until the size issue is resolved. Thanks.

--------------
Good Luck
To get the most from your Tek-Tips experience, please read
FAQ181-2886
As a circle of light increases so does the circumference of darkness around it. - Albert Einstein

If you can edit all posts, maybe you should go around the issue and create one post per letter of the alphabet.. :) If we grow enough that size once again becomes a problem, I think it'll warrant bringing it to their attention.

Tao Te Ching Discussions : Chapter 9 (includes links to previous chapters)
What is the nature of conflict?

lisaharris... the username is pretty self-explanatory.

I was born and raised in southern NJ. I'm a self-taught geek. My father bought one of the 2nd generation TRS-80's and my natural curiousity took over. I taught myself BASIC at age 11 and haven't stopped. Some of the earlier computers Dad bought were the Atari 1040ST (with an amazing MEG OF RAM! Boy was I excited!) and the TI-99/4A that had an incredible RS-232 expansion box. The possibilities were endless with that system. What memories....

Flash forward 30 years:

Now working in financial services as a database administrator. Databases keep everything nice and neat and normalized, which fits well with my logical brain. Single mom of 2 kids and 3 dogs. I have a warped and twisted sense of humor. I named my home wireless network "Virus Distribution". And proud to say I haven't had a single unauthorized user.

lisaharris,

TI-99/4A... ahhh... Such sweet memories.

Virus Distribution
[rofl]

Lisa, you win a piece of the Interwebs. I'm going to shamelessly plagiarize/paraphrase your network name, mmm-kay?

Phil H.
Some Bank
-----------
Time's fun when you're having flies.

Hey all. jadams0173....First initial of my first name and my last with a combination on b-day digits. I'm North Carolina(Charlotte) born and raised. First programming experience was on a TRS 80 EA (BASIC) in high school. Next was Applesoft BASIC then PASCAL and Turbo PASCAL while still in high school. College had more PASCAL and some C++(<-so long ago I don't rember ANY).

With the help of this forum and few books I've taught myself VB6 and am working VB2005.NET. Thanks to all of those who have helped me and others with sharing there knowledge and patience.

Ooooo I'm not in the FAQ either.

Willif was my work login at a job I left in 2003, which explains how long I've been 'anging around TT then. Obscurely enough I find myself working there again now, with the same log-in name...

I'm also known as Welshbird, for obvious reasons, and when I'm near the family I'm known as Fee.

Um, I spend my working days with my head in a bucket of data and my free time sailing on a tall ship called Tenacious. (Apologies for the website - twernt me, and is due to be re-done any day now!)

That's all folks!

Fee

"The cure for anything is salt water – sweat, tears, or the sea." Isak Dinesen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back