Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

For IT newbies, which IT field is better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

desitech

Technical User
Jan 12, 2001
US
I am software engineer for 12 years working on Embedded SYstem design. (C, assembly, VB etc). I want to change career to IT field. I would like to take Education first before looking for job. Which IT fields are in more demand? Oracle DBA/DEVELOPER, ASP, JAVA, JAVA ENTERPRISE, VB etc. Specialized education being so expensive, I would like to make right choice. Can any one give me advice.?
thanks
Nalin..

If you have a C background you can pick up Java pretty easily, I did....

Does seem like most places are going with Java, if it does Micro$oft is bust, unfortunately it will just be replaced with Sun Microsystems. Which will not only own the operating system, but the way the programming language develops as well, and the programming language. The java forum is a good place to get more advice on Java.....

later

You've got a great background! My first reco is to learn SQL (either Oracle syntax, MySQL or SQL Server, depending upon what area you think you will go into - enterprise, messaging or SME, respectively).

Where are you located?

===========================================
Small footprint P2P web server for Windows,
File-sharing, mobile/wireless apps & more
===========================================

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back