Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

[?] For: EXPERIANCED MCSE/CCNP

Status
Not open for further replies.

XoverIP

IS-IT--Management
Jul 6, 2000
US
Greetings-<br><br>I just passed the CCNA exam, and now wondering if I should go for my MCSE, or would there be, i dont know, more $$$$ in getting my CCNP.&nbsp;&nbsp;I know I want to be a LAN administrator, or field service tech of sorts.&nbsp;&nbsp;I KNOW I would be happy doing dedicated field service on Cisco routers, L-3 or 2 switches, if such a job even exists.&nbsp;&nbsp;However, I am sure I would also enjoy working on server configurations and so fourth.<br><br>advice, please

Skoobe,

I have my CCNP/DP, MCSE and CNE. If you are looking for staying in networking I would definately recommend the CCNP. Also, once you get your NP, the DP cert is only one test away (look it up). On the other, hand I have found being dual (or triple) certified to be most rewarding ($$) as well as challenging. In a large environment such as the one I work at, I often have to prove that my stuff (the network) is NOT at fault. Knowing how servers operate and what they expect from me and my netweork have definately helped. Bottom line, if you can, do both!

jjk

thankz fer yer input farmeer (pre-date this response like,whut?, 2 weeks?
I got picked up by a company that is paying fer my ccnp. I have been looking over the mcse stuff.....d%!@, it'z pretty easy after having learned what I aquired getting my ccna
skoobz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back