Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

For Derren: oWord Server Execution Failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackstrawn

Programmer
Aug 9, 2001
US
Derren-

Did not want to tag onto your Thread 184-218613 with German12 as my question is different although Word related.
You stated a specific interest in Word hence the following question:

oWord=CREATEOBJECT("Word.App")

Returns the following Program Error:

OLE error code 0x80080005: Server execution failed

The fix for VFP 3-5 at MSDN Q164360 is remove the 'at' @ symbol from your computer name.

The fix does not apply as my computer name is strawnj (no @), running VFP 7.0 with SP, WIN2K with SP.

I'm trying to accomplish much the same as German12. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

TIA,

Jack Strawn
Wordless in Jonesboro, Georgia
Home of Gone With The Wind and 10,000 Lawyers

Hi
Try
oWord = CREATEOBJECT("Word.Application")
:) ramani :-9
(Subramanian.G),FoxAcc, ramani_g@yahoo.com

ramani-

Same error message with:

Jack

There must be some kind of problem on your system, Jack. The line that Ramani posted works for me.

According to MSDN, here is what that error message means:
[tt]
Specified OLE object is registered as a local OLE server (.exe file) but the .exe file could not be found or started.
[/tt]
My recommendation: reinstall Word/Office.

Ian

Ian-

Your input is appreciated. I will reinstall. This was an original Win98 box and I installed WIN2K for testing. Have to have one of all kinds. That is probably what caused the problem.

Thanks again for all the help,

Jack

Hi Jack

Sorry I didn't reply sooner, but I am on UK time - and therefore lazy.

I had the same problem on another machine and a re-install of MS Office fixed it.

Please feel free to post any other word questions, I can't promise to answer them all, but I can promise that not knowing the answer normally winds me up and forces me to find out.

Cheers

Derren

Derren-

Don't want to leave a thread "modal", I get upset at times when following a thread, or worse yet when a participant and the poster leaves without posting final outcome.

Back to the problem.

Removed Office. Installed afresh.

Now triggers the same error:

"OLE error code 0x80080005: Server execution failed"

With an additional error message:

"WINWORD.EXE has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program.
An error log is being created."

Didn't know what log, so looked for any .Log with the date/time stamp of the error. C:\Windows\System32\Wbem\Logs\Wmiadap.Log appeared to be the file. Log entry for for date/time stamp: "Performance library status corrupt."

All of the Office components work, just can't hook from VFP.

Know it is your days off, but any ideas would be appreciated,

Jack
Still Wordless in Georgia
Home of Gone With The Wind and 10,000 Lawyers and ,
One DumbA__ VFP Guy

I tried searching for 'performance library' and found one link concerning a registry entry. You might try checking out your registry using regedit or regedt32 to see if you can figure out what's wrong. Dave Dardinger

Ugh...the only other thing I can think of, then, is to reinstall the OS. That's pretty drastic, though...

Good luck!

Ian

Thanks guys. When I installed W2K it seemed to install correctly. But as you say the OS is all that is left.

No guts no air medals.

Jack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back