Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

footer on outgoing messages 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazysal

IS-IT--Management
Apr 1, 2002
US
how can i configure it to put a disclaimer footer "this message in no way reflects my companies views yadda yadda yadda" on every outgoing message from my users?

The only way I know of to do this would be to require all of your users to create a signature that includes your disclaimer.

You can add a message using a dll file that attaches a footer to all messages that pass though the IMS. Only problem is that it adds it to ALL messages, so if you reply 3 times to the same person it adds it 3 times....

Regards
jpaf

that sounds like what i need

how do i do this?

it wont matter if it is on more than once after a reply

I followed the directions stated by Microsoft for installing and configuring the imsext.dll file, but still no appended messages. Any clues??

Under the IMS properties did you select the the DLL below mail relaying?

try out microsoft KB article 258206
or secadministrator.com article ID 8259

it is quite a tricky process and when I was doing it I found a lot of articles were slightly different.
I also had to get a copy of the .dll file off the internet as I didn't have the back office CDROM, but a quick search will find this

I combined these and now have a disclaimer at the end of external outgoing emails.

You could always try 3rd party software, which most will also allow you to filter incoming and outgoing mail as well as adding the disclaimer

Mailsweeper?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back