Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fonts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angelis26

Technical User
Nov 19, 2003
GB
Hi,

I have been sent some PDF that have been created for us. However there are a number of additions and changes we need to make. I can not change the wording as it uses 2 fonts called Barcley and Dax (Regular and Bold). I know this font is available but it is for the price of £300 + which is a bit excessive for a single font. Does anyone know where i can find this font? or somehow get round the problem without recreating the whole document (38 pages).

thanks in advance.

You need the extact same font if you are going to make changes in the PDF.
If you manage to find free versions of the fonts on the Internet they won't match, ie version number etc.
If you don't want to pay for the fonts then get whoever created the PDF to make the changes and re supply to you.
That price sound about right, fonts are not cheap

Marcus

Shame! i thought there may have been another way round! but the problem is that this is not the only document to use this font type! so im stuck really unless i pay a massive packet load for these particular font or ask the people to change the format!

thanks.

ask them to supply native files so you can make the changes yourself, that way they will supply the fonts and images. But remember font licencing is a strange beast, as far as I know they can supply the fonts for you to use on that job only, once the job is completed you have the resonsability to delete the fonts from you system. I'm not sure, as it changes (It seams) almost every day.
But...Good luck

Marcus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back