Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fonts outlined - so why asking for fonts?? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyperlord

Technical User
Jun 18, 2002
US
I've got 16 pages of AI files with all fonts outlined. When I take it to another machine and load them - it asks me for the missing fonts.

Why would it do this? Outlining should negate font issues, right?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
nate Knowledge enormous makes a God of me.

Reasons for your grief:

*embedded/placed AI/EPS files in your AI file.
*not all text was outlined - Check again.
*the AI/EPS file is corrupt/dirty - Try copying the contents to a blank AI document and then save the new one.

You should be able to ignore the missing font error if you are certain the text appears okay.

Thanks jimoblak -
All of these are good reasons why I saw this error - I also found another one in my trial-and-errors today tracking it down.

When saving a file, it asks if you want to embed the fonts - if the fonts are outlined - turn this option off. If it's on - it seems to want to embed the fonts anyway.. I know it sounds weird - but it fixed my particular problem today! Knowledge enormous makes a God of me.

Creating outlines will only work if there is some text to convert. If you select the type tool, then accidently click once without typing, Illustrator won't create outlines, but it will still look for the font. One way around this is to use the 'Select Stray Points' menu option and then delete them.

Very nice Blueark, this is realy quick solution. I was always deleting the points one by one through TYPE/FINDFONT.. and than find next. I really didnt notice this "stray points" option... ...........................Mtj

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back