Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

fonts not in menu

Status
Not open for further replies.

mudboy

Technical User
Feb 17, 2003
US
i have several fonts in my system that show up in illustrator 10, word, and many other apps, but not indesign! why is that? of course i need to use the light version of a font in an indesign document right now, and it is not available unless i'm in another program. thanks for any insight!

mudboy graphics

Don't know why they're not displaying, but you can try putting an alias of the font in the Fonts menu in the InDesign folder. See if that makes them available for you.

If all else fails, you could put the text together with the graphic display needed (centered, leading, etc) and then saved as a graphic. Then, you can place the graphic into your document and the formatting should stand exactly as created.

Try deleting any 'adobefnt.lst' files on your computer. These are index files of your fonts that Adobe programs use. If these files are missing, the program will generate a clean, fresh list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back