Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fonts List

Status
Not open for further replies.

youngnetworkadmin

IS-IT--Management
Jan 3, 2006
US
Heres the story, we are migrateing from the mac version of indesign and we are going to the pc version. The only thing with this is that we need some fonts off of the mac version so that we can use the same files on the pc version. Does anyone know where I can get the full fonts list from the mac version and download it. Specifically I need the fronts sleepwalker and typewriter.

Anything would be helpful, I send my thanks in advance.

-David Anderson

full fonts list from the mac version
Not sure what you mean...the fonts used in a particular document or all the fonts loaded on a particular Mac or fonts that come with InDesign...

Please explain...thanks!

Unless you are using OpenType fonts on the Mac, you cannot physically move fonts to Windows. They use different font formats.

Licensing fonts for another platform is another matter.

Font files are stored in the system font folder and also in the InDesign program directory.

Easy fix.

Get the program "Crossfont" and load it onto your PC.

Convert your mac fonts through the program, and they'll be PC-ready.

Done.

Just an additional note... if you package your mac file with the fonts you want to convert, it will create the links and fonts folders, saving your mac fonts with it.

Then you can open the font folder on the pc, save the fonts in your font folder and open the document.

I work on a pc and my designer works on a mac, and we interchange documents as needed in this manner. We haven't had any problems with fonts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back