Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fonts jumbled in PM 7.0 file style palette 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheAcolyte

Technical User
Apr 4, 2003
US
A few weeks ago, I started to have isolated files have problems in showing the font type of selected text (e.g., Arial). Now, all of my files are having this problem (except for a newly created file), only now, the fonts are completely out of alphabetical order!!!

What gives?

Thanks in advance, The Acolyte

There's a few things you can try.

1. Change the default "Compose to printer" to AdobePDF or other Postscript printer, and exit and re-load PM.

2. Exit PM. Rename (or delete) all the preference/configuration files (*.cnf) in the folder X:\[PMDIR]\RSRC\[LANGUAGE]. PM will recreate the default factory settings next time it's laoded.

3. Search and delete all the Adobe font list by using the string "AdobeFnt*.lst". hey will be recreated the next time the Adobe Application is loaded.

Liverpool: Capital of Culture 2008
Anfield: Capital of Football since 1892
Iechyd da! John
Glannau Mersi, Lloegr.

Dear SlimJim across the "big pond",

Thanks much!!! Your first suggestion fixed the problem immediately. I must have accidentally altered this setting at some point.

The Acolyte

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back