Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fonts inside rar, inside .zip 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris121

Technical User
Aug 18, 2003
GB
Hello
I have quite a number of fonts in .rar folders that are inside .zip folders, that are inside folders with the font name. I have extracted some manually, but with hundredds more to do, I wondered if there is some other method to extract all of the font files in one move? I don't need them in separate folders either - my font manager software will sort them.
Thanks in advance,
Christine.

Well, you can always write a batch file or a VBScript if you're planning to do this a lot of times, but if you just will do it once, you can just select them all and use winzip or winrar contextual menu to extract them at the same time.

Cheers,
Dian

Ultra easy to do, assuming you have WinRAR. Select all the .rar archives and right click on one of them. Go to "Extract Files" and extract them. It will create a new folder with all the .zip files from within. Then select all the .zip archives and do the "Extract Files" thing again. It will extract all them to just folders.

After everything is extracted and you want to get all the files into one folder, just search the main folder holding all the sub folders for *.ttf or *.fon files. Drag all found in the search into a new folder and you'll have all your fonts in one place.

Thanks guys and I wish it were that easy.

Each font group is inside a .rar archive folder.

Each .rar and the associated info files are inside a .zip

The .zip is inside a normal folder named with the font name.

I cant select all .zip's or .rar's if I can only see a long list of normal folders, each with a font name - or can I?.

Confused...Christine.

Again, a batch file can be used for that, but let's describe a simpler process:

1.- Add all the folders to a zip file.
2.- Extract all zip files in that zip WITHOUT path info, you will have all zips file in the same folder.
3.- Select them all and extract the rar files to the same folder.
4.- Select all the rar files and decompress them

Cheers,
Dian

Thanks
Doing a search for .zip in the root folder separated all .zips then as you said.
Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back