Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Font

Status
Not open for further replies.

LingoCoder

Technical User
Feb 9, 2003
US
I have Office XP running on Win2k Professional…for some reasons, everything on the interface appears SO big…which has turned into such a problem as to interfering w/ my ability to work…wat I mean by that is the following:

1)
(a) the font in reading webpages (no matter how much I try to readjust by right-clicking the Internet Explorer 6 icon, properties, fonts tab, etc.) is crammed together….i downloaded Netscape 7 browser…yet the same issue persists…btw, Netscape also tends to a lot slower than IE…
(b) the font of the help menu within the browser appears jammed
(c) how do I enable a way by which I can view the entire webpage with respect to the width…as designed by the developer’s intention for view by the public…for example, in cnn.com right now I have to drag the bottom scroll bar over to the right to read the right side of the webpage…

2)
(a) the screens and toolbars within MS Word and Excel appear a lil too big…I right-clicked, Active Desktop, Customize My Desktop, Appearance, Item n tried to adjust the sizes and fonts in a wide variety of ways…it APPEARS that they acknowledge my request, but they don’t take effect…

(b) how do I adjust the width…so that I can see more (with respect to the width) of a spreadsheet…I tried page setup…but the problem is something else

I’ve tried the whole Control Panel accompanying options…I just think (n I may be wrong) that the problem is tied to an embedded link stemming from the OS n is not residing exclusively in the applications (i.e., Word, Excel, Browser)…I will gr8ly appreciate if some1 will please help me out thanks.

See if this helps:

Go to the Control Panel and double-click on display. Select the "Appearance" tab and set the "Scheme" to "Windows" then click on "Apply" to see if it works. If not, click on the "Settings" tab and then click "Advanced". See if the Font size is set to Large, Small, or other. Try the Small Font if it is not selected and click "Apply" and then "OK". You may need to reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back