Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Font Size

Status
Not open for further replies.

SheldonC

IS-IT--Management
Aug 6, 2001
CA
I upgraded to IE6-b, and I wasn't too crazy about it. So, I uninstalled the IE6 and went back to IE5. Now on every web site which doesn't specify a font size or style, like google.com, I get these big ass fonts which kills the layout of the site. I've gone to "Tools"->"Internet Options"->"Accessibility", and nothing is selected (like it should be). Are there any font settings in Win2K itself that can manipulate IE?

go back into Tools and Internet Options and go to the Advanced Tab, and down the bottom of the window click the button to restore defaults, also check in the general tab the Fonts button...to the left of Accessibility...and set the defaults in there....see if this helps..?? Jay~

"I have to think of a funny footer to
put in here!!!???"

~KeyTech

Sheldon,

Wasn't too crazy about it? I especially like the new cookie management. Did you have the latest buiild (2479)? There was a patch available for e-mail problems also in the 1st preview version.

Backup the registry and/or export the following keys:
go to Start>Run, type regedit. Navigate to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\International\Scripts
Create a new key named Default_IEFontSize, right-click on it, choose modify and type in one numbe (1-5)

1=Largest
2=Latger
3=Medium
4=Smaller
5=Smallest.

eghakr

Thanks for all your suggestions guys. But, it seems that the problem has gone away after letting the PC run all day long and rebooting it when I got home from work. I'm still not sure what the problem was. I would have taken a Screen Capture if I could have to show you what altavista looked like. I was actually scrolling the page sideways because the fonts were too big. But, the problem has seemed to go away.

* I find IE6 is about the exact same as IE5, upfront. But, it seems like I'm getting more crashes with the IE6. I'm running Windows 2000 Advanced Server, has anybody else have alot of crashes too?

:-I​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back