Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Font Size Issue when printing reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stoomis

Programmer
Jul 8, 2003
US
I am working in Fox Pro 2.6a for DOS and have been unable to change the font size of a report. The report was printing in what appeared to be 12pt font until I increased the Right margin Column to accomodate for landscape printing. This however shrunk the font to about 6pt. I entered the Printer Driver Setup and set the font to 12pt Helviticia Landscape, saved the enviroment and the report layout did not change. Any suggestions?

Unless you are using a product like SmartPD, I believe all font handling is done by the control characters as defined in the printer setup tables (P_CODES.DBF and FONTS.DBF) and these must be supported by the individual printer.

Rick

I am in the printer driver setup and the options are 'Laser Specific' or 'Manual Setup'. When I go to Laser Specific and add a font (from P_CODES.DBF) it has no effect. The font only becomes larger when decrease the Right Margin Column but then the page is no longer in landscape mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back