Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Font Size Discrepancy

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonicMax

Technical User
Sep 14, 2003
US
Over the weekend, I made some changes to my site (in anticipation of my new CD release) in Dreamweaver MX. Everything looked fine on my home machine's browser, the screen resolution of which is set to 1224 X 768.

I checked it out today on my work PC; & some of the font's look small. Thing is...my monitor at work is set to the same screen resolution.

Please take a look; & tell me what I did wrong:

There are two horizontal navigation bars, one below the header/banner image; & one below the info on the musical act. The link colors are green (in Page Properties, the link color is #33CC99 & the visited link color is #00FFFF.) I have the font size set up as "3".

I can't figure out why those fonts would be a different size on a monitor w/ the same resolution. Even the fonts used in the band's info look small, now that I recall.

I must have fouled up the code somehow. When I created those naivigation bars, everything was in Georgia. When I chenged the font to Verdana, I left the inverted arrows (between links) in Georgia, 'cuse it looked better. Now I've messed it up, somehow. Now I've also noticed that the only link that works fully (fading to lavender on mouse-over & then turning the correct color after being visited) is the last link on the first line. Oy vey.

Thanks,

mark4man

use CSS and small classes, it will eliminate overlaping tags such as
"...</font></font></font></div>"

All the best!

:--------------------------------------:
fugitive.gif

All around in my home town,
They tryin' to track me down...

lebisol...

Turns out the Text Size in my work PC's browser (IE) was set to Smaller.

Thanks,

mark4man

ah that will do it :)
you should still look into css....it will clean up your html code.
All the best!

:--------------------------------------:
fugitive.gif

All around in my home town,
They tryin' to track me down...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back