Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Font Problems in Quark 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

KaraLebo

Technical User
Oct 13, 2003
US
We just upgraded to Quark 6 and been having major problems printing any files! Quark 4 files aren't printing and even native Quark 6 files aren't printing.

We believe that it might be a FONT compatibility issue?! Does anyone have a work around or know of a patch??

To resolve this we'll need more information, starting with what diagnostic steps you've taken, and particularly what's led you to believe it's a font issue.

I assume you can print from other applications with the same fonts loaded, right?

Hello, i am and new forum user and want to repley on the print problems with qx6.

I have tried everything: all native fonts from OSX will print and all fonts (imported fonts) in the fontmanager (font agent) from other programs will print (photoshop, illustrator, ect.) but not from QX6. Pictures are not the problem. I have tried allso to use another fontmanager (suitcase) but it has the same printproblem.

I am looking for a solution because my studio has to run with QX6.

Anyone?

Bert

I know Suitcase has had issues with previous versions of the MacOS, and may with OSX as well.

Try installing the font manually. It may be an issue with the font manager. If that works then you need to check for incompatibilities with the font manager.

B

I'm having the same problem. I CANNOT print anything from Quark 6. It's so frustrating. To make matters worse, when I try to do a PDF, it's distorting colors, so I can't even get a real print that way. I had to go back to 4.1 and re-create the document so I could print it from there. Quark is totally unhelpful about this. I wish there was a fix for it!

COMPATABILITY! Quark relies on font management software, and if it's not compatible, it won't print. Extensis Suitcase and DiamondSoft font reserve are known compatible programs. I use Suitcase v.11 and no problems. I did have probs. with v.10. Even placing fonts in the system folder did not work.

Have you seen an error when a Quark 6.0 document tries to print - "error drawing page 1" or "pictwstop-got an error disposing of document -45"?

I have encountered those printing errors also and I've found that it usually traces back to a font.

Hi, sorry to jump on this late, but I thought I'd leave upgrading to QX6/OSX Jaguar/Extensis Suitcase till later so everyone would be an expert, sadly round my way, no-one is...

What I've found is all system fonts print off fine in QX, and also in Adobe products. Ok so far.

Installing any other font I've bought externally prints fine through any Adobe product, Quark defaults to courier (or whatever).

With my font manager (Suitcase) turned off I've been told to try and stick my fonts in either my hard drive library, user library, system library. I can still print through any Adobe product, Quark still defaults to courier.

Interestingly, with any of these font placement combinations running Quark 4 in Classic, I can print whatever I want, no hassle.

Quark 'tech support' tell me to put in a new preferences folder in my Quark apps folder, making sure I use a capital "P". This actually does nothing...

Extensis tech support say it's nothing to do with their product (and I've reinstalled Suitcase just in case). And anyway, why would the fonts be printing for Adobe products?

So, if you've not tried any of this, or been on the phone to Calcutta for hours, give it a go and give me a yell if it works. Till the solution...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back