Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Font problem in PSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarapsp

Technical User
Feb 28, 2006
US
I just deleted a ton of fonts from my Windows/Fonts directory, but now some of my PSP dialog boxes have the wrong font - evidently I deleted a needed font, but I don't know which one. The text is now too big to fit in some of the dialog boxes.

Does anyone know what the missing font is? I restored all the deleted fonts from the Recycle bin and rebooted, but it's still not working.

I'm not sure if by restoring the fonts from the recycle bin causes them to be installed again. See if you can use them in a text program like MS Word - if not, try reinstalling them manually.

To know which fonts are required by the system, look for "required system fonts" in Google. Many sites have a list of required fonts for several versions of Windows.

I also suggest that you use a font management program in the future. This will allow you to temporarily load fonts into the system (which are removed when the system shuts down or when you ask the program to do it earlier for you), store all extra fonts in a special folder so that you don't have everything mixed up in the system's folder, and some even warn about the problems that deleting a specific font might cause.
A great program is Typograf ( and there's also Extensis Suitcase ( You can also find freeware programs are download sites.

If everything else fails, reset PSP's registry. This process is different among a few versions of the program, so you can also look up for it in Google as "PSP (version)"+registry+reset

Thanks. I ended up re-downloading and reinstalling MS Sans Serif, which was the missing font. As you said, it wasn't reinstalled even though I put everything back from the recycle bin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back