Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Font issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morgan19

IS-IT--Management
Aug 9, 2002
US
1) I've bene wondering for a while, does it make a difference if I have and use PostScript or TrueType fonts on a Mac? Is either necessary for print?

2) I've been having with my Helvetica and Arial fonts, of all things, for the longest time. Opening a Quark-saved EPS in Photoshop that makes use of either font will often replace them with a default (courier, for example) because it says the fonts can't be found. Likewise with Acrobat Distiller: I'll run an EPS through it and it replaces several of the Helvetica fonts (like condensed or bold) because it says they can't be found. The things is, I know they're there: I have all the various flavors of Helvetica and Arial in my System/Fonts folder and I've tried different versions (from other Macs, for example) in my ATM folder as well. It still doesn't seem to think they're there. My original Helvetica fonts were damaged (found out by running them trough ATM's verify), but the ones I'm using now check out fine. What's going on?

Thanks,
m19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back