Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Font Install Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdy

Technical User
Oct 9, 2002
US
I recently added some fonts to my font file. Now, when I open Illustrator 10, I get the following message.

"The adobe UI font could not be loaded. For best results, please exit the program and either install it or uninstall other fonts."

If I press the "OK" button, Illustrator 10 opens just fine. However, this is quite annoying and I'm not sure what to do to get rid of this pop-up message. Can someone please help me. Thanks.

First of all, are you on Windows or Mac? What OS? I dunno if there's such a thing as a "font file" on the Mac, but there's no "font file" on the PC to "add to". There is a font folder you can add to.

Maybe you installed it incorrectly and need to remove it then install it again. Maybe the font is corrupted. Test it in another app first.

Also, what kind of font is that? Outline? TrueType? Bitmap? PostScript?

Sorry. I am using True Type fonts on my PC. I hope that this information will help someone to help me. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back