Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Font fuzzy on startup (until i reset screen res and revert)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hubieb

Technical User
Jul 2, 2006
Any time i turn on my PC (24" flat panel from dell) the font is really fuzzy/unclear. I've found that when I change the screen resolution (1920x1200) to anything else, apply, and then change it back to 1920x1200, it is clear again.

This is becoming a nuiscance. Why does this happen? How to avoid it for good?

Hubie

Make sure all of the monitor's connections are secure.
If that's ok and it's still under warranty, then contact either Dell or whatever supplier sold it.
If it's not under warranty, then something is probably failing on it. My old 17" CRT monitor does the same thing after a cold boot. After it has run for a few minutes I clear things up by turning the monitor off for a few seconds, then turn it back on, and it's good to go.

hubiebrown,

Do you have the latest drivers installed for your videocard? Granted this is not the most likely scenario but updating drivers is always a good idea.

Tony

Users helping Users...

Are you using a DVI (digital) or 9-pin VGA (analogue) cable? If you are not using a DVI to DVI cable, then get one as this will make a 1000% improvement in quality as it eliminates 2 steps - the digital to analogue conversion in the display adapter (graphics card) and the analoge to digital conversion in the monitor.

Regards: tf1

i want to use DVI, but i have a dual monitor setup....one is VGA, and the other is VGA using a DVI-to-VGA converter.

This is the only soultion i could find. If i plug a DVI into the DVI, it just duplicates what comes out of the VGA....

Most LCD monitors have an 'auto adjust' function which you access using the buttons on the screen itself - try using this before changing resolutions. The monitor should wobble about for a bit before settling down with a much clearer picture and should memorise those settings so you don't need to do it again.

Regards

Nelviticus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back