Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FONT ERROR MESSAGE

Status
Not open for further replies.

kelley

Technical User
Apr 7, 2001
US
After converting Pagemaker to PDF - get message "AHHPDI+Verdana contains a bad/BBox -- also same message preceeded by strange set of letters on other fonts always routinely used (gill Sans, Commercial Script, Comic Sans, Charcoal, etc.) what's up??

Hi, kelley,

This error message is created when opening the file in Acrobat or Acrobat Reader, right? If you click OK does the file open?

You don't give the version of windows (it's not on a Mac), PM or Acrobat (Reader) but my very limited knowledge of this error suggests a version conflict of some sort. Have you updated any fonts?

Try searching the web using Google with the phrase "bad/BBox and see what that brings up.

Alternatively ask in the Acrobat or Acrobat Reader forum of
Iechyd da! John
19:12 21/05/2003 BST

I believe you have a font issue. This is a common problem in the prepress business and usually easy to solve. Can you give some more details?

1. Is there any Courier font where there shouldn't be in the PDF? This is the FIRST clue to which font is causing the problem because distiller or any PS printer will just substitute courier for anything it can't understand. There are multiple reasons you'd get this problem.

2. What type of fonts are you using in the document? TrueType, PostScript?
You can tell by what type of icon it has. This is very important to know in order to troubleshoot.

3. Do you make your PDFs by making a postscript file first then distilling it or are you just printing to the PDF printer?

4. Are you on a Mac? I'd say yes because the fonts you listed are Mac system fonts.

If you give me these details I can help you more with the problem...

Thanks for reply. After checking extensions, have fixed (?) the problem, whatever caused it. Yes, it's a Mac and we use both types of fonts - PS and TT. making PDFs by making PS file first... for now, all is solved re the bad b/box, but there is another problem on another computer. Made 50 page newspaper, using text/graphics, tabloid size, and the person could not save before making PDF. I suggested he split it up nto smaller segments (10 pages each) to pinpoint the page with the error - but he was reluctant to do this. This is the 2nd or 3rd time he's been unable to save, thus, unable to make PDF for printer. Any ideas on this problem??

kelley

Is the person unable to save his PM file linking and NOT embedding the graphics? Perhaps the file is too big for the computer's specs (little RAM? short on HD space?) Is he trying to save to his own computer and NOT across a network?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back