Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

* Follow up for RobBroekhuis from previous post (thread707-468646) 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

TonyU

Technical User
Feb 14, 2001
US
[tt]
Rob, related to thread707-468646

I'm getting the message below when I open my new workbook, the question now is, I know there are no links pointing from or back from the origial, is there a way I can get rid of this message...

links.bmp

Any suggestions?. Thanks

<%=Tony%>
€ € € € € € € € € €

Try this.

Application.AskToUpdateLinks = False

Regards

[Afro2]

You first need to find out where the links are coming from. Even though, as ploeryan suggests above, there are ways around it, you never want to be stuck with unwanted links. In my experience, most links are related to named ranges. Go to Insert-Name-Define, and look through the defined names to see if any point back to your original workbook. If so, we can focus on resolving that.
Rob
[flowerface]

ploeryan,

Where do you put Application.AskToUpdateLinks = False? I guess what I am asking how to get macros to start as Excel is loading? Does this go into a document in XLStart folder?

Thanks,

Richard

[tt]I will try your suggestions as soon as I get in the office, thanks guys. let you know...

<%=Tony%>
€ € € € € € € € € €

[tt]

Thanks guys, I looked thru the new book and there was a hidden field with link back to the original source. Thanks again.

This round of
star.gif
's on me.

<%=Tony%>
€ € € € € € € € € €

rlee16,

go into and place whatever macros you want to use as the workbook opens:

Private Sub Workbook_Open()

End Sub

[Afro2]

Status
Not open for further replies.