Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

follow me to non-md-pabx does not work

Status
Not open for further replies.

lalrl

Technical User
Oct 4, 2002
DE
What are the important bits to set for a Follow me to an Non-MD-PABX:

I have done all in route, what I could find:
varo=xxx0xxxx
vari=05400000 or 15400000
serv=xx1
sig=111110000031
adc=10505xxxxxx

So in my opinion all is set to "tieline". But I can make *22#dest ext# successfully, but not *21*dest ext# And FME TO the MD works too from the ohter pabx. What did I forget? Or is it not possible?

I think the problems is that the other PABX don't understand the "Procedures at the Diverted-to PINX verification of diverted-to number". When you use internal follow-me the MD send this validation to the other PABX.

hold on, what BC release you've got. UUI location in ADC depends on what BC release it is.

It is BC11. And what is with aspap:parnum=223?

aspac 223 states what kind of NET services the MD110 supports concerning ISO-QSIG connections (vari must be like 10040000 or 50040000) only activate this if other exchange understands ISO protocol

--------------------------------------
What You See Is What You Get

Your ADC is wrong if its BC11. ADC=10505 will not be accepted. Maybe you mean ADC=15050.... This case you need to set ADC=15051....

have you see the category of extensions parameter CDIV ? D3=1

I think Mundus is right. There are a lot of PBX's that don't support the "check restriction" for Follow Me.
"check restriction" means that the MD checks with the other PBX if the divert-to number is valid. This is done by sending a Facility IE with Code "check restriction".
*22 doesn't use this or requires a negative response (I am not sure which one).
In an ISDN trace you can easily see this occuring.

I haven't found a way yet to not send this check restriction, if somebody knows how to do this, please inform.

The way to stop the sending of the "check restriction" is to set D5 of the ADC in dest to 0.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back