Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Folders listed files missing !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pandazoo

Technical User
Jun 11, 2003
GB
Win2k Server SP3
Arcserve 2000 Advanced Edition v7.00 (Build 1100)

Hi all,

We run a copy job (from numerous servers ) onto our backup server spec given above. The copy job works fine. Then we do a dump onto either a DLT or a DAT.

The backup job deletes the files from the HDD of the backup server ready for the next nights copy job.

The backup job is running ok the problem is it only backs up the folders and not the files contained within. So we get 965 folders 0 files in 2 seconds. Neither does the scheduled job delete the files from the HDD of the backup server (where we copied them originally)

If we backup straight from the external servers onto DLT or DAT then the job runs fine and we get all the files and folders (not deleting them after obviously).

So the problem does not seem to be with the tape drives, neither with the database. I have checked logs for both. Arcserve does not report anything wrong in the Activity log. Job completed successfully !!.

If anyone has any ideas I would be grateful.

* Problem is running a backup job from the local HDD on the backup server onto DLT or DAT* The files are not located on the system partition. Options are to delete files after backup.

Many thanks,

A>

Hi all,
is it possible to backup to external HDD'S by using ARCServe 11.1 and how to do this?

Hi Ditmar,

I take it that you have posted here in error.

This post is over a year old.

I would start a new thread - or have a search of the ArcServe Forum.

P.

Yes, you are right, that's my first try in this forum.....

No worries.

I don't use Arcserve anymore but I would imagine that it is possible.

There is an Arcserve forum you can post in.

P.

Sorry....

Possibly I should have made it more clear.

"There is an Arcserve forum you can post in"

>>>> You might want to try creating a new thread in the Arcserve Forum

P.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back