Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Folder Rights problem (View)

Status
Not open for further replies.

st7979

Programmer
Oct 19, 2009
US
I accidentally put View (Rights) in the folder as Admin and the folder is totally gray out. How can I fix that?

Thanks!

Hi,
If you are the Admin, it should allow you to view it - be sure you are logged in as Admin not just as a user in the administrators group.

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

Hi,

We do have a IS department to maintain the user id in Enterprise. When I go to ALL GROUPS, we do have administrator group and I'm one of the users and the right is full control. Does that mean I have to contact IS department to get the real Admin ID and password and not the one I normally use which just a user in the admin group? How can I tell?

I'm new to this. Since I have alot of reports in that folder and everything is gray out, I really need to change the rights back to Full Control. Your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Hi,
For some actions in BOE, only the actual admin account works.

I doubt that the IS department will give you the admin account access, but they can redo your rights assignments, if needed.

First, be sure no higher level rights settings are blocking your actions - rights are top-down so any restrictions 'above' that folder can not be violated in 'lower' folders, no matter which users try to do so.

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

Thank you so much for your help. IS fixed this problem for me. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back