Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Folder rights and row level security issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubu2006

MIS
May 2, 2006
US
Crystal Report and Crystal Enterprise ver is XI R2.

I have folders in Crystal Enterprise and sub folders for those folders. Now I have set rights for specific group but that is not working. I have LDAP groups and set rights on those groups. Even I am specifically denying some rights but when I am logging as a LDAP user I can still see those rights. I have one report which is ondemand but when I am logging as user I can not view the report but I can see history or I can schedule that as user. But the user has only view rights. Same report is working fine in other environment.

Another problem is row level security is not working. I have set the business view filter rights properly but it’s not working.
Thanks in advance for any help.
bb

You have to look at the total of the access rights the user has, not just one group. For example, all users are members of the Everyone group. So, if the Everyone group has more access than the LDAP group the user belongs to, then the higher level of access will apply.

For your row level security, what types of reports are you running (Crystal, WebI, etc.)? Business Views only apply to Crystal reports and you have to build the report based on the Business View instead of using tables in order for the security to work.

-Dell

A computer only does what you actually told it to do - not what you thought you told it to do.

I have found the issue. If I check the group I can see the users but if I check the user and check for members of then I can see they have added to everyone group not the specific group. So that is the reason neither folder rights nor row level security is working.

Do you have any ides how to fix this?
Thanks,
BB

It sounds like for some reason the group object got updated when users were assigned to it but the user objects did not. I would try updating each of the users to add the goup. Do this from the user side instead of the group side.

I'd also see if there are any updates or fix packs available that may have fixed the issue.

-Dell

A computer only does what you actually told it to do - not what you thought you told it to do.

I have already tried to manually update that user but did not find that group.

Try going to the group and removing the user from it. Then add the group back to the user (rather than the user to the group.)

-Dell

I can not see that LDAP group so that I can not add that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back