Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Folder Redirection --Where is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

qureshi

Programmer
Mar 17, 2002
AU
Hi,
Our company has deceided to upgrade from Windows NT 4.0 to Windows 2003. I installed Windows 2003 Enterprise server on one of the machines and will be using thin clients as our workstations.
I added the Group Policy object editor snap in to the mmc and used Local computer ( which is my server) as the Group Policy Object. It is supposed to have the Folder Redirection under the User Configuration --> Windows Settings but I cant find it there.
What have I done wrong.
I appreciate you help.
Thanks

I think you will find that Folder Redirection is only available when you are editing a Group Policy. It isn't available within the local policy of an individual machine.

The solution is to make an OU for the users who will be accessing the server, then create a GPO which implements the Folder Redirection that you want and bind the GPO to the OU.

You are looking in the right place though - User Configuration\Windows Settings\Folder Redirection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back