Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Folder Redirection Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leke

IS-IT--Management
Aug 19, 2005
NG
Hi all,

I configured FOLDER REDIRECTION policy for "My Document" using Group policy.

When I removed FOLDER REDIRECTION policy from the group policy, "MY DOCUMENT" on the client machines are still being redirected to the location specified by the policy.

What can I do to ensure that "MY DOCUMENT" is not redirected.

Thanks

Need more info.. here..

When you removed the policy from the Domain.. were the clients logged out!! default refresh time is 90 minutes..

Check the path in the registry for the my documents as well as the properties of the my documents folder..

Are you using roaming profiles on the clients as this can also affect folder redirection.

Is there any othe policies in place that by any chance have the folder redirection setting enabled.

Check roaming and local profiles because they may still be holding it. David

Changes made to a users "settings" (folder redirection here) by a group policy is not un-done by only moving that user from the group that set the policy. Once that the settings is set, it will stick with that user until another group policy changes that setting.

What I do is creater a basic generic group policy called "undo" that has all the default settings I want for the users. I move or create a user in a group policy (other than "undo")that I want. If I want to move a user out of it, I move them to "undo" that will over-ride all the settings back to defaults.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back