Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Folder Redirection / Desktop - Not Working

Status
Not open for further replies.

draqstar

Technical User
May 5, 2002
AU
Has Anyone Experience Folder Redirection/Desktop Not Working. I have 120 Servers and NON of the Folder Redirection/Desktop is working?

Any help Muchly Appreciated

how are you doing it - gpo or profiles?

gpo - needs to be native to work I read somewhere (not convinced!).
profiles - set profile to \\homeserver\share\%username%\profile.

Wait until after replication and then log in and change profile to roaming. Then desktop is moved.

GPO
Using Basic Redirecting through a \\Server\Share\Desktop

This is on a Citrix Server..

Any Help Appreciated

User Profile Says Local, Changing to Roaming is Greyed Out, Even Though the Terminal Services Profile has a Profile and Home Directory on a Different Server... - Any Clues here?

TA

Also Noticed that Logging on has detected a Slow Link - Would this Prevent the Desktop or the Roaming Profile being Loaded?

Anu Help Appreciated

When you are setting your GPO, check the settings tab. There is an option that says something to the effect of "grant user exclusive access." If you are trying to use the same folder for every user this may cause a problem, so uncheck this box. Another solution, if you want each user to have his/her own folder is to add the user name to the path \\Server\Share\Desktop\%username%

I think a slow link can cause folder redirection to be delayed until the next login, but I can't say for sure. Try loggin in as a user who's desktop should be directed, and look at the event viewer. If the GP is being applied and it is a problem like what I have outlined above, you will see an error reporting that the user could not take ownership of the object.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back