Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Folder redirect ? for Terminal Services

Status
Not open for further replies.

btrotter

IS-IT--Management
Dec 20, 2001
GB
I have a Win2k Adv Svr with 2 drive partitions. A C: and D:.
The C: is a 4gb drive with 1gb free, and the D: is a 210gb partition with 200gb free. This server is also a Terminal Services server. We presently only have about 6 users who log into TS, but in a week, there will be about 30 people using it. Currently, the Documents and Settings folders are on the C drive. I am afraid that all the user profiles, and their saved data will fill up the C: partition rather quickly. So what I would like to do is create a Documents and Settings folder on the D: partition and move all the current folders over. Also, I would like it so that everytime a new user logs on, their new profile is created on the D:\Documents and Settings folder, and not the one under C:.
I have searched the forums, and found a couple tips on doing folder redirection, but the only thing I couldnt find the answer for is the issue with new user folders automatically being created under the D: partition instead of it defaulting back to the old folder.

Also, is it as simple as moving the entire Documents and Settings folder, with all the subdirectories under it in one swoop, or do they have to move individually?

I am worred that after I do all this, and people start logging in, that their new folders will be created back in the C: partition, and I will have to run the Folder Redirect every couple days to get the new people who have logged in moved over to D:

Thank you kindly for the help and assistance you can provide.

BTrotter:
The Documents and Settings folder is a Windows system folder, this is by design. Check out the following Windows Knowledgebase article for help: 236621.
- FR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back