Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Folder labels

Status
Not open for further replies.

geestrong

Programmer
Jun 24, 2005
US
I am using CR XI Oracle 9 DB

Is it possible to import Avery Label Templates into Crystal Reports and if so where would the template be referenced?

Thanks

They're already built into Crystal. Go to File, New, Mailing Label Report. Select your Data Source and fields. You'll then have the option to select a label type. There are a LOT of options for Avery labels, or you can set the label size manually.

-Dell

A computer only does what you actually told it to do - not what you thought you told it to do.

Thanks for the reply!

Of course my users have a Avery format that is not in the list. I have have tried to modify the label that comes closest one in the list but it has two columns and I have not found a way to change that.

if you create a blank report and add your datasource to it. Right click onto the details section (the grey area) and click section expert, then on the right hand side towards the bottom you will see "format with multiple columns". If you select this then look at the tabs towards the top right of the screen there will be a tab called layout, if you click onto that you can customise the width and height of your labels which should give you what you want.

HTH

-Steve

"if at first you don't succeed, sky diving is not for you"!!! :eek:)

Thanks,

I think I have it now! Thanks for your help!

Geestrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back