Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

fold-away child windows: quick implementation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

misterstick

Programmer
Apr 7, 2000
GB
does anyone know how or where you can implement the nifty windows that tidy themselves away, like the toolbox and properties windows in VS do?

i've seen the ToolStripContainer but it really doesn't move me.

any ideas?

mr s. <;)

I once used the SplitContainer and a Button. When clicking the button ( || in my graph) the visibility of SC1 (SplitContainer.Panel1) changes. As extension you can also implement the mouse over-Event of the button so you need not click the button but only hover over it with the mouse to change the visibilty

_____ _________
||
SC1 || SC2
_____||________

*hth*

thanks for the link, christiaan. £100 a seat's way too much for a "nice to have" feature, though.

looks like the mdi interface in 2007 has it as standard, though, so in 2011 when we upgrade from win2k we'll be laughing.

mr s. <;)

Sorry, again. Now I feel stupid. It said it was a freedownloadscenter and I missed that part about it being shareware.

Looking for free things is becoming a full time job. With all the misleading websites. But I'm sure they are out there. They just end up at place 1000 and above on a google search.

Christiaan Baes
Belgium

"My new site" - Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back