Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Focus Remote Printer Serial to RJ45 adapter pinout.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 9, 2008
US
Hello everyone,
Does anyone have the pin out configuration for the remote printers for the Focus POS system? I need the pin out for the serial to Ethernet (RJ45) adapter please. The local dealer wants $25 for this and I know the adapter only costs $2 and the few minutes it takes to pin it out.

Thanks.

What hardware are you using, posiflex, epson, ibm etc. The software (focus) is usually not an issue.

Cheers,
Coorsman

I called the local Focus POS dealer in Dallas and they quoted me $25 for the RS232 adapter. Seems they want to keep a monopoly on these. So, I can't use a straight serial 9 pin to 25 pin mapping for serial over a cat5. They have a special pin out for the remote printers. One person I talked to said 2-2, 3-3, 5-7 and them possibly 4-6 and 6-20, yet wasn't sure on this. So, still digging as I feel it is highway robbery to charge $25 for a part that costs < $2 and the couple of minutes to pin it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back