Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

fnuneostor2 error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ezek

Technical User
Nov 30, 2000
US
ok people here is a very good tip for all of you and i hope you will find it usfull.

if you have encounter an error after boot up and you find on the desktop screen a message saying "Error" and when you click ok you will see "fnUneostor2 not found".

well you are in luck today,

here is the solution to this problem:

you have to go into START/RUN and type MSCONFIG you will get a window with different options.
go to the option STARTUP scroll down until you find and option that says UIDLER wich at this point will be checked,
unselect this option and apply the changes and reboot.

there you have it folks,
hopefully some of you will find this usefull.

any repplies will be appreciated.

uidler is a .exe file that will automatically be installed when you you are intalling free software from interned programs (only particular programs) i am not certaing what is the actual name of the programs that will do this uidler intallation but if you go into the msconfig you will find it there,
i spend 3 days finding out how to get rid of this error that was not affecting pc performance but bugging the customer enough to damage somebody's reputation due to luck of knowledge not being able to fix this little error.

thank you for your interest,
it would be a good idea to keep this error it mind you never know when it will happen to you.

It's not on ANY of my systems, so it must be specific to one certain program.
Using MSConfig to disable a program's loading is usually a good thing, but you'll find that some apps won't work normally without it, or they'll just reinsert themselves upon the next startup.
I think if you really want to "fix" the problem, you would determine it's source, and either reinstall the program, or remove it completely.

Jim
reboot@pcmech.com
Current moderator at
Staff contributor/moderator at
Windows 9x/ME instructor.

Jim's Modems:

That is a good point that you mention that the problem will need to be fixed by reintalling the software,

but in this case there was no sofware available to reinstall the program nor the name of the original program was given.

and you are correct when you disable msconfig some apps will not work but i think we also need to consider that uidler is not a known essential .exe. file for your system to work other than affecting the program in question.

thank you for your feed back,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back