Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FM of Ellipse machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Upgrader

IS-IT--Management
Mar 31, 2004
AU
We are looking to outsource the management of our Ellipse machine to a third party. We understand that Mincom themselves offer this service but would also like to know what others companies people out there are using and what they are like.

We use a subsidiary of Level Three Communications (i)Structure. They have a first rate data center in North America and a very competent support staff. They are great at running HP:UX and Oracle, but we have to provide all of the MIMS technical support.

Glen Colbert
gcolbert@rag-american.com

similar story here with infrastructure outsourced to EDS and MIMS support & administration in-house.

I guess your question is not perfectly clear whether you need to outsource administration/support of MIMS, or only the machine (hadware, O/S, Database). Where you are geographically may also play a role.

At the risk of using this forum inappropriately, but in an endeavour to answer your question, we (CSC) support a number of Unix machines running both Ellipse and MIMS from the application through to the database and FMing the actual hardware. If you would like to cantact me outside this forum, I can direct you to someone who can help you. My email address is rmillar3@csc.com.au

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back